Help

Re: How to add a new record from an interface?

3043 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miguel_Montalvo
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I am really thrilled with exploring the features of this new and game-changing Airtable functionality. I think it would be super useful to my team which deals with hundreds of social media posts per month created and edited by several of our departments.

To give this a go, I started by creating an interface which would help our education department organize their programs and link social media requests to records another table - I already have all that setup. Where I am stuck on, is on the ability of creating a new record from the interface itself (i.e. create a new upcoming program from the interface where I am browsing the programs). I cannot find an element such as “add new record” or for that matter “delete record”. Do we have to go back to the regular grid-views to add or delete records? That sounds a bit convoluted…

I am loving the new feature and I understand that it is in Beta, but I really want to use it to its fullest and would love any suggestions, or if we could add that functionality for the full version.

Thanks so much!

51 Replies 51
Sean_Lake1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I’m working with the Enterprise team support, and made them aware of this. Thanks for all your assistance!

Have a great weekend.

Sean

Having basic, native function in the interface like, ADD Record and DELETE Record would be very important to really work in that interface.

Welcome to the community, @Tobias_LGKR! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: I completely agree, and I’m sure that the developers have that on their radar. The workarounds that @kuovonne and I have been promoting are just that: workarounds to help people get the job done while we wait for Airtable to add features to the interface system.

Cass_Seyda

Just jumping in here with you all :slightly_smiling_face: I came here to find if there was a way to do this as well, but - for beginners. I watched the video above, but since I’m not yet familiar with all of the terminology, it was harder for someone on my level to follow. When in gallery view, the convenient plus symbol that’s down in the bottom right, is something I use regularly when adding records, and when I created the interface, I was saddened to see a useful function like that as not available. I’m sure with all of the people that are talking about it though, perhaps we might see it in the future as a few of you have mentioned. Regardless of my ability to keep up, the information in this thread was very helpful, and thanks everyone! :slightly_smiling_face:

Molly_Pfaff
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding my vote here. Adding / deleting records would be fantastic.

Tobias_LGKR
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

As I have been digging into the Interface Designer and using it extensively:

It’s totally awesome but without ADD, DUPLICATE and DELETE Records functionality natively built in, it’s a dead end as far as data management is concerned.

Dear Team, PLEASE put that at the top of your Interface List.

Jared_Schwartz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 I’d love to see this too.

Michael_Seydel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was expecting to want to pay for Airtable, assuming that I could create records nicely. Definitely a surprise, that it’s not an option.

Jake_Strich
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 watching this thread

Thierry_Gattlen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It is very confusing for user that they cannot add a new record. I hope they will add that functionality soon.
I use the link to forms to add new records, but this is not satisfying.