770 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt_stewart1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Trying to find a solution to always show every month in a range. Pivot tables don’t provide any customization for this, so I am trying to reimagine data in a dashboard/interface bar chart. There is an option to show empty records, but as you can see its still skipping months.

This is a single select field, with every month as an option. I want to see months that are missing any selections. I’ve also tried it with a date field updated to bucket by month, but still same issue. What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2022-10-18 at 10.04.27 AM

4 Replies 4

Hi @matt_stewart1 ,

So you are saying that there is a record for 2024 - 02 (FEB) but it doesn’t have data so its being skipped? Is it in the view that you are using to get the data?

no, im saying I want to see all months, so I can know if a month is empty, so I can then take action to add a SKU for this month or move a SKU to this month.

I would expect a chart or pivot table to be able to use the data appropriately as either:

1. if I choose a single select field as my x value, I would expect it to show all of these options and any/none associated values
  2. if I choose a date field as my x value, I would expect an option to turn on show all buckets (for example if bucket by month show all buckets in range from first record value/filter to last record value/filter.

This is similar to the allocation/collaborator views… when I want to look at work of all collaborators, I want to see who has no work, vs who has too much work so I can reassign as needed for balance.

This doesnt work. You need to have a record of the month (for example) to be able to see it in the chart. A different approach would be to have those selections as Linked Records and use Rollups and Lookups in this linked table to show the data. This way the record for the month is already there but it has no data.

But for Airtable to show the selections you DIDNT choose there is no way to do it.

Bruno_Loreto
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have the same problem. Vey basic functionality from my perspective. Unfortunately I will need to move the data base to other analytics tool