cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Street_ops
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey Airtable Peeps!

I’m about a month into the process of migrating most of my company’s core google sheet docs into Airtable, and we’re all loving it! Many things for such an awesome product.

I’m building out some Interface Designer dashboards for my boss to get a high-level view of operations, and ran into a snag. In the sidebar apps on the table it defaults to sorting single-select fields by their user order, which is the behavior that I want. This is what it looks like:
Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 6.28.57 PM

But on my interface, I created a bar chart that shows each record filtered by a single-select column, but my only sort options are ascending/descending alphabetical.
Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 6.41.59 PM

So this is a two-part question:

1. Feature Request: The option to sort charts driven by single-select fields by user order.
  2. Workaround: In leu of that, how would you recommend I sort this (without just adding a number to the names, that would break several other formulas).

Thanks!
Paul

11 Replies 11

Thanks for this insight. So, is it possible to rearrange your select options under 'customize field' and have the order represented, or do you have to input the select options in the correct order the first time?

ruihanzhao
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

@Frank_Gannon1 You can rearrange the select options (there should be drag handles) and the ordering should be reflected!