cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kseka_anto
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,
I guess the interfaces don’t work on Airtable mobile app yet.
I cannot build an interface, ok, but I don’t even find the interfaces I made for my table…
At least when I try to get to my new interface from my iPhone, I only can find a mention of it in notifications (but not on the workspaces overview), and it looks awful when I try to open it.
And if I click on the link in my email from my iPhone - no way to get to the interface either…
Or is it just a bug of my iPhone?..

Thanks! :winking_face:

29 Replies 29

Tried your steps and got the attached screen. 

@Leslie_Burke on that screen turn phone horizontal, click the little share icon, then request desktop site. Then refresh

Thanks @Matthew_F, I've tried this on an iPhone 12 and it won't let me in. When trying to login to Airtable, it asks me to send a magic link for logging in. When I receive this link on my email and follow it it takes me back to chrome and says "Sorry, this link won't work on a phone or tablet, Please open the confirmation link on a laptop or desktop computer to finish signing up". Any idea on what am I doing wrong?

Founder @Boltflow
Matthew_F
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@gaston I updated my last response with a video to show how to do it. See comment: https://community.airtable.com/t5/interface-designer/interface-on-the-mobile-app/m-p/146347/highligh...

jooline

I couldn't agree more.  This feature is essentially worthless to most users if its unavailable on mobile devices.  I guess I'll have to string together a solution with third party software.  This feature would *actually* be super helpful if available on mobile devices.  The way it is now is archaic and not in touch with how a whole lot of people work.  Airtable I hope you're listening!

jooline

Is there a similar workaround for chrome on android?

chrgreen

I want to add my voice to this thread. One of the main reasons we are using airtable is to make it accessible for every employee we have.

Well turns out the interface is not working on a tablet (which is as big as a laptop screen) - this is potentially the main reason why we would consider to switch systems to another database. Please fix this asap. 🙂

AS
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was completely baffled when I installed the airtable mobile app and shared a project with myself from another account to see how the interfaces I built would look.

Instead of the interfaces, I was looking at the underlying tables.  After some searching in the mobile app, I did a Google search and found this thread.

How is the underlying table structure available on mobile, but the interfaces are not!?  This is exactly the opposite of what I expected and of what it should be.  Who on earth is going to do data structure design on a cell phone?  Meanwhile users being able to interact with the interfaces is exactly what anyone would want from the mobile version.

The app seems utterly pointless to me because of this.

Jordank
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm in line with the comment above. went through the same process was confused, I thought for sure interfaces would be a must for the app... Now FOR SURE I have to go with SmartSuite. Our facilities mainly run using tablets. Shame because I love automation in Airtable, but SmartSuite gets scripting soon so... 

Sean_Murphy1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I haven't used it myself but they've announced support for interfaces on iOS devices iPhones, at least. It gets ... mixed reviews.