3088 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I tried using interface designer and it is a very cool feature. One thing I would suggest to have is a sharing the interface like a view. For example, I would like to share particular interface in read only mode and do not want the user to be able to go and see all contents of the base. Currently, if I give read-only permissions the user can go and see all tables in the base.

82 Replies 82
Cameron_Ownbey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes please, I need this feature too.

Megan_Morris
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Echoing the need for a way to share interfaces and not make recipients collaborators, thanks!

+1!
Really interface designer is definitely game changer. However it will not have any purpose if you can’t share with external viewers with editing fields capabilities

James_Henry
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Same here. I want to use Interfaces for “Quotes” to clients. My quotes draw from a number of Tables (Clients, Products, Price lists, Assets, Staff, Dates, etc). A great way to combine this information to produce a Quote would be with an Interface, that I can simply email a link to the client. Limitation is, I can afford for that specific client to be able to see all the other info in all my tables… We use shareable links from views all the time (eg, share a calendar with a client where they can see ONLY their bookings). Sharable Interface Links (like in views) would be great!! Thanks

Sandrine_Coosem

I agree with everyone!

I miss the ability to embed an interface on a page. I use the “embed view” function a LOT in my client portals, and it’s a bummer that they can see the calendar and the galery etc - but not the interface with their actual tasks.

I would love the ability to share an interface with a client, but NOT give them full access to the base itself.

Zach_Gilliland
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My GOD. I just spent weeks designing a data dashboard that kills. Only to learn that what I assumed would be baseline functionality (the ability to create a view share read only link for the interface) is not something you can do. This is a major blocker, what was AirTable thinking?

Oscar_Mastrober
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

100% Agree. I understand they want to charge for each added collaborator. Just having another option to Hide/Show the base makes sense if we are looking to bring abstraction of a base complexity with an Interface, to higher-up stakeholders.
They don’t want to see the base.

Jose_Alberto_Fu
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This post is so popular that I think Airtable team should make some type of statement about these user considerations regarding Interfaces sharing.

Chirag_Tailor
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am yet another user in a sea of thousands who wishes to share interfaces as link-based view. I want to be able to summarize the data I have aggregated in airtable to certain interested parties without giving them access to my entire base. Airtable, please considering prioritizing this!

Jose, completely agree with you!!!
Let Airtable’s Devs know about it as it supposes to be a basic feature

Hamza_Mush
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bumping again - being able to share / publish / embed these interfaces and dashboards in (or with) the public domain would be absolutely huge. Thanks.

Molly_Pfaff
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding my vote. Interfaces are amazing, and because they’re amazing, that’s the view I want to embed on my website for the public to see, not the table behind it.

Tim_Mitchell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agree with everyone here. We want to create dashboards to share particular information with our clients (about their data!). Having to create a whole new, paying user account for each one seems ridiculous! It should just be easy.

Juliana_Ebeling
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

Interfaces plots work better that chart apps and want to embed it in my website

Josh_Brown

This is the primary use case for interfaces…why this is not a feature makes no sense to me.

Joanne_Cooper

I would also like the ability to embed a read only Interface on my website.

Tomas_Vila_Luz

This is a must for the interfaces option to be worth it. Any news here?

Dennis_Petrou
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Plus 10 here! Seems like this is a highly requested feature, and honestly one that should have been a no brainer. Any news on this?

Interfaces are an amazing way to organize info for people that aren’t in or you don’t want to have access to the main base, unfortunately we can’t share with anyone that way! Should also be mobile friendly!

Please!!

glg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 this feature is really needed, can’t wait to have an update from airtable on this

Bill_Christo

+1 for this feature. But unlike the shared views, please make the pages auto-update, so changes don’t require manually browser refreshes. Thank you.