2055 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jean_Thoensen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

We have a record summary interface that has a couple of conditions built in.

We have added three filter elements at the top of the interface screen so that users can filter things on the fly, hopefully by multiple filters at once. It seems like only one can be active at a time, but I can’t find documentation for this. Is this true? I hope not because applying multiple filters on the fly in the interface helps the users find the records they need to work on.

4 Replies 4

Hi Jean, you can add multiple conditions to filter by within a single filter element, and you should really only need one I believe

That’s true, @Adam_TheTimeSavingCo, but as I confirmed with support, the conditions are AND conditions only. We need to have them as ANDs and ORs depending on what the user needs for their search. Appreciate your suggestion!

I have the same problem. I would like to have one filter for all elements in the interface (global), then add more filters (local) for specific elements in the interface. I do connect the global filter to all objects and the local filter only to some objects. This is not working.
My conclusion is that you can only have 1 filter in an Interface tab. Is this correct?
If so, I will create multiple tabs and each tab will have one filter with multiple conditions. The problem here is that the filters can only take AND conditions.

gaston
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Totally agree with this post. It turns to be super repetitive to keep the same filter elements over and over again across all the sections of an interface page.

A general filter element connected to all elements of the interface page, and secondary filter elements affecting at a granular level the different elements of the page would be optimal.

I created this feature request for the Airtable team.

Founder @Boltflow