998 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’m really enjoying the new collaborator views on interfaces. 

But I wish buttons could pass the collaborator information of who pressed them, especially for automations and scripts.

It solves the problem of multiple collaborators checking the same checkbox, getting the collaborator information from a last modified by field, and waiting for an automation to uncheck the same checkbox so someone else can do it. 

I don’t know if it’s a tall ask, but it’d really help me refine user-specific controls and automations. 

thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Cool! Thanks for posting the update!

Here's a screen shot. Strangely enough, it is under the heading "Insert value from field" when the user who pressed the button is not a field.

kuovonne_0-1702442649149.png

kuovonne_1-1702442747760.png

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

This is one of the main reasons why I feel that scripting automations are not a replacement for scripting extension. 

I've used the workaround you describe, and agree that it is a pain. I tend to leave the checkbox field off the interface and update it with an update record button so that users cannot update the checkbox field directly, and the button can be disabled if the automation has not run and cleared the checkbox.

Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I only recently learned about the session model with the extension, and thought all my problems were solved with a button field, but then I learned button fields that run scripts don't work on interfaces.

Learned that after I wrote the script, too. Was a good day.

@kuovonne 
Just thought I'd reach out and let you know (if you don't already know) that this feature was added. 

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Cool! Thanks for posting the update!

Here's a screen shot. Strangely enough, it is under the heading "Insert value from field" when the user who pressed the button is not a field.

kuovonne_0-1702442649149.png

kuovonne_1-1702442747760.png