Help

Re: Air table build out for marketing project management and trade show exhibitor/attendee participation

867 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Britton_Watson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

First, I am not trying to reinvent the baby. I am looking for a person or persons that has already developed something similar to either or both of the systems I describe; as such would hope to quickly adapted/adopted and implement in the next few weeks.
System 1 - marketing project management
System 2 - event participation management

System 1
We have an in-house marketing department and are managing over 200 “projects” with multiple action items in various stagings of completion on any given day. Some of these are associated with our annual brand campaign but many are not. I created an excel workbook that outlines project scenarios. CAMPAIGNS would be created by the marketing manager only and then PROJECTS would be tethered to a campaign and could be created by anyone with login access. Project item CLASSIFICATION is limited but include:
Advertising
Collateral
Event
Planning
PR
Presentation
Social
Swag
Wearables
Web/App

I envision the WORK REQUEST process starts down this path. A person opens a WORK REQUEST by selecting an existing CAMPAIGN, then selecting the project CLASSIFICATION, then they would key the PROJECT NAME.
Based on the CLASSIFICATION selected the various ACTIION ITEMS would self populate and the person would provide dates and details regarding the project. Note: the person can not create a campaign or a classification. That can only be done by the marketing manager.

I would like the ability to manage all the campaigns/projects in a single location so we can run what I call Traffic Reports. This should allow us to see not only Work In Progress (what is behind and what is on the horizon) from both a list and calendar view, but also to whom each project and action item is assigned and what projects and action items are completed. It also needs to include a place to post details so anyone on the team can see the history of a project. IE when information is received, by whom and when, various questions and challenges encountered during production or if it was put on hold, by whom, and a way to date when to follow up on the hold so it doesn’t fall off the radar.

System 2
I need a separate system (sorry I am not familiar with air table speak) to house all the information we collect for the events and trade shows we attend (Around 50-60 a year). This is mostly dates, locations and contact information but it is extensive. I would NOT include any projects or action items as the previous system mentioned would track that under an identical CAMPAIGN NAME. I also have an excel workbook created that provides all the information that is gathered and would need to be housed here.

I apologize the the length but hope this type of detail is appreciated prior to communication.

4 Replies 4

I appreciate the length.

I recommend you speak with @openside (dan@openside.com). I believe they have built many of the systems you seek.

Britton_Watson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you Bill. I have sent him an email.

Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Britton,
I have worked on building out some similar bases in the past and would be glad to help you build this out
Feel free to reach out to me on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com
Best Wishes,
Andrew

Jennifer_j
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I can help. Please check PM.

Thanks,
Jennifer J