Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Airtable form to single record public view to print view

98 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicole_N
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

I have a situation where a public user would need to fill out a form, be able to view ONLY that record with their responses (with additional dependent fields displayed), and then print that record in a nice-looking format.  I've explored other integrations, the public interface option, etc. but I can't find something that would work for the entire process.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can do all of that with Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable.

Fillout lets you create 2 types of forms: a form to create Airtable records, and a form to update Airtable records 

After the user creates the record in Airtable (with the create form), you would have an Airtable automation send them the link to their unique URL (which is the update form).

Fillout also has the ability to create a PDF of the form responses, which the user could print.

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

Thanks for your quick reply!  I have looked into Fillout, and I didn't see a way for them to have a PDF/printable view of their responses along with dependent fields from the Airtable base.  Is there an option for that? I need their responses to then be calculated in a formula field and both the response and formula output are on the same PDF.  That would be available in an interface, but I couldn't find a solution for them to have a public interface link to just the one record and a print option.  I don't want them to be able to view any other records or search in the interface - just view/print. I appreciate any workarounds or suggestions!