Help

Re: Anyone ever figured out what breaks "Expand the table" when pasting copied records?

Solved
Jump to Solution
920 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_Billin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Today the "Expand the table" feature stopped working for me. I see it's happened to others in the past. I'm using the work-around of creating enough empty records in the destination table before I paste, but that's only feasible for small datasets. If there's a way to automatically create a specified number of empty records, that would be helpful, too.

I don't think mismatched structure between origin and destination tables is the problem, as I had always been able to paste records into a mismatched view when I wasn't paying attention.

Has Airtable has ever addressed why this happens? It would be great to be able to fix it, as my business process is heavily dependent on this feature.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
siriwat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It happens for everyone now. Copy-and-paste with row expansion has problem.

We need Airtable to solve it.

Meanwhile, you may need to use this work around for the moment. "Prepare enough rows before pasting your data" 👉 Pasting data with row expansion not works! - Airtable Community 

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
siriwat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It happens for everyone now. Copy-and-paste with row expansion has problem.

We need Airtable to solve it.

Meanwhile, you may need to use this work around for the moment. "Prepare enough rows before pasting your data" 👉 Pasting data with row expansion not works! - Airtable Community 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Copying and pasting is currently broken in Airtable. I have no idea if or when they are planning on fixing it, so everybody should email support@airtable.com about this major problem.

Thanks for the script to add rows!

Email sent.

Dan_Billin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I asked Airtable Support to fix this yesterday, and they notified me later the same day they'd taken care of it. "Expand the table" is working again for me. Top-notch customer support!

siriwat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

In total SLA since this case was opened, reported, mailed... approx 5 days. And if this might be a serious case for some business, and Airtable teams are silent during Sat/Sun... Not that top-notch support, actually.
We could understand their business scale, and fixing timing could depend on the issues, but hope they could be more responsive as as well.

Yes, finally they fixed this issue, with the push of communities, somehow.

BTW, thanks for everyone in help pushing the case also. 😌