Help

Re: Bulk import interactions (with lookup field "This field type is not supported)

Solved
Jump to Solution
1404 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jan_Mechtel
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m struggling to import into tables/sheets that have a lookup field setup.

I tried:

• import from Google Sheets
  • import via copy paste
  • download as csv > import via copy paste

The “Account” is always disabled during mapping and has a tooltip “this field type is not supported”

I found this similar sounding issue: Bulk upload interactions?

Unfortunately I doesn’t specify the answer.

grafik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Jan_Mechtel!

That is a linked record field, not a lookup field.

If you use the CSV Import extension, it will allow you to import data into linked record fields.

However, it seems to me like an Airtable bug that the other ways of importing do not allow importing into linked record fields. If I were you, I would send an email to support@airtable.com to alert them to this significant problem.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Jan_Mechtel!

That is a linked record field, not a lookup field.

If you use the CSV Import extension, it will allow you to import data into linked record fields.

However, it seems to me like an Airtable bug that the other ways of importing do not allow importing into linked record fields. If I were you, I would send an email to support@airtable.com to alert them to this significant problem.

Jan_Mechtel

This worked fine. You were right on the “linked record field” too, that’s what i meant.

Using the CSV import extension worked fine + it can merge records during import. Very valuable!

Thanks again

@Jan_Mechtel You’re welcome! Please write to support@airtable.com about this bug, and point them to this thread. That will help other people who are in this same boat in the future.

Jan_Mechtel

Good idea. I’ve already asked them about the problem before I found this forum. Once they reply I’ll link this thread!