Help

Re: Calendar view on mobile isn't responsive?

175 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TempletonFerrar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi. When looking at a calendar view with a shared link on mobile the user has to swipe around (e.g., left and right) to see all the days of the month. Also, when clicking an event, the popup with details is larger than the screen. One can click the diagonal expand/shrink icon and the popup fits the screen; however, this isn't default.

Is this normal? Is it not possible to get a responsive view that fits the calendar to the width of the phone? Is it not possible to get the calendar entry popup to fit the screen by default (rather than having to hit a button)?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

I think Airtable generally expects us to use the app on mobile and so most shared view links probably won't work well on mobile I'm afraid

Matt_Jastremski
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

It may not suit your use case, but you can subscribe to calendar views in other calendar apps (like google calendar). This way, on mobile, you could view certain record details through the native calendar app.
https://support.airtable.com/docs/integrating-airtable-with-external-calendar-applications

Requiring the app, and thus an account (I assume) to view a public calendar isn't practical.

Even Google Calendar has a poor public web based view if you aren't logged into a Google account. It's actually worse than Airtable's, despite being a bit more responsive.