cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ann_Boes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
I would like to include a video as an attachment. The videos are not currently hosted anywhere online, they would be uploaded from my phone.
Ann

31 Replies 31
Kurt_Werstein
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Ann_Boes - I have the same question.

Hello there, if you’re using the iOS app, you should simply be able to tap the “photo” icon (to the right of the camera) and select a video to upload from your phone’s camera roll. Or, if you tap the “dot dot dot” icon, you would be able to upload a video from your existing Dropbox, Google Drive, etc accounts.

upload_video.png

If you’re on the desktop web version, you can simply drag and drop any video file directly into an attachment cell and it will upload to Airtable. Hope that helps!

Hi, this doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried dragging and dropping on the desktop version and it applies to the attachment as a “document” instead of a video (so it’s unviewable). In the iOS app, I’ve tried going in as though I’m adding a photo and uploading that way, but it just attaches as a jpg instead of as a mov file.

Help?

At the moment, attachment fields don’t support video playback within Airtable (whereas we do support audio playback with .mp3 files, for example). For the time being, you can upload/download video files and play them in another application.

Ken_Anderson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have audio attachments that are not playing on an iPhone and an iPad. What could be wrong?

Jackie_Zabel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Katherine_Duh - Do you know if a video playback feature is in development at all? And if so, is there an expected time frame? It would be wonderful to have this feature! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

I would also love this feature

Zenka_Galactic
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Yes I would also like this feature.

The iOS app does not handle this well at all. It attaches the file, but it renames it to JPG. (tested with .mov original file & converted .MP4 file.)

Any update on this issue? I’m not aware if it is affecting Android or other mobile OS platforms.

The iOS app does not show Videos as an option from the “photo” icon. You have to click the ellipsis icon and then browse to the video. Even then, this is non-functional, and uploads as a generic .JPG.

If i download that file via airtable to the desktop, it is unable to be reformatted to it’s original extension (MOV/MP4) despite changing the file’s extension.

Warren_Huber
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Has this been fixed / added yet? I’m really eager to have video functionalities in airtable, even on a basic level like an internal YouTube player (connect your airtable to your YouTube account, create a private channel, and upload videos to it, auto - share the channel with the people the airtable is shared, but be able to play the videos from within airtable’s web and app interfaces…)!

+1 for inline video playback.

The existing support for motion gifs / animated gifs in kanban and gallery cards serves many of our use cases, but full video playback would be great.

Hi Warren,

We’re beta testing a new feature that let’s you view content from other web pages on your blocks dashboard with an embed block. Just enter a URL and the page, video, livestream, feed, post, or widget will appear in a frame on your dashboard.

If you’re interested in trying this out, we’d love for you to request access on our beta form: https://airtable.com/shrLK2dGvhx46S6bU

I wanted to announce that the embed block has officially launched today, and is available to all pro and enterprise plan customers. If you participated in our beta testing for this block, thank you for your time!

If any questions come up around using this block, feel free to email us at support@airtable.com

Adam_Simon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m not sure how this embedded block answers this question. I’d like for people filling out my form to have the ability to attach/upload videos the same way that they can attach/upload files. That seems to be the original intention of this thread, so if we could get an answer to that, it’d be appreciated.

Agreed. I’m in the same situation. I need my clients to be able to upload videos with sound (MP4) to my base. As of now it shows up as a .doc . Does anyone at Airtable have an answer for us?

Emma_MH
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, the embed block doesn’t help me either because I was hoping to use Airtable as a digital asset manager and actually host the videos in Airtable rather than having to host them elsewhere and link to them. Is a video preview feature in the works yet? It really shouldn’t be that difficult…

Peter_Brauner
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I second this request. It would be great to have a video preview inside of Airtable!

Baden_Appleyar1

I third it… it is very important to my clients too! It seems quite a common feature of many sites on the Internet that have thumbnail videos play back. Can we please have mp4 playback!