Help

Re: Can forms more than one field of a related table?

821 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Duncan
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all,

I’m exploring using Airtable to look after inventory requests at work. Is it possible to create a form where people request one or more items, as well as the quantity of each of those items?

I could do it if each request was a separate submission of the form but that could get confusing for users. They need to be able to see what they’ve already requested.

Possible? Not possible?

Cheers,

Patrick

6 Replies 6
Dean_Toland
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The only thing I can think of to accommodate this is to have the column named for the inventory item, and then the field entry be the quantity (formatted as number) that they’re wanting. Instead of having a dropdown item of the inventory items that you’d have to repeat over and over for multiple requests, you’d have a column dedicated to each item. Below are some examples, what do you think of this?

7740a036d47c6ca2c059e84c2d20ea4ac7e1be41.png

2016-07-27 08_41_03-Purchase Request - powered by Airtable ‎- Microsoft Edge.png

Patrick_Duncan

Thanks for your reply. I think that that is a pretty decent answer! If I was working with about 5-10 items then I’d definitely do this. However with about 100 different things to track this form will get pretty unwieldy.

I’m loving Airtable for other things but I think perhaps this sort of request is a bit out of its zone at the moment.

Catarina_Pereir
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

Came across this thread 2 years later. Any updates on this?
I’d really like a form where people can select multiple items (that’s already happening) and quantities per item.

Possible?

Thanks!

Hi Catarina,

To answer your question: no, I haven’t.

I don’t think it’s impossible to do something like mentioned above that might work but I think the issue becomes how do you create a form that will let you input this information in a friendly way. I’ve looked a little into using Zapier to connect AirTable to online form services but haven’t come up with anything decent. It’s something that I will look into again though.

Patrick.

I’m still looking for a way to do this in case anyone has figured this out.

This might be an answer…