cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lori_Larsson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all-

I’m attempting to use airtable to create a schedule for a summer academic program. I really need a field for start time and end time of the class/workshop. I don’t mind having a separate field for each, but I’d like to be able to group by date and sort by time to get a daily schedule.

I can’t figure out how to do without a field that allows time without date. Am I missing something, is there a workaround that accomplishes the same thing?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

You have several options, the simplest being having a Date/Time field for the start time, a Date/Time field for the end time, and a Formula field which just copies the value of the start time and formats it without the time component. You can group by the Formula field and sort by the start time field.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

You have several options, the simplest being having a Date/Time field for the start time, a Date/Time field for the end time, and a Formula field which just copies the value of the start time and formats it without the time component. You can group by the Formula field and sort by the start time field.