807 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvinde
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am new to Airtable and would like to know the best way to build the architecture around data and tables from you people who are more experienced Airtable users.
More specifically I am building a Supplier database of approx. 100 suppliers. Each supplier have a unique ID as identifier. I would like to share this ID across tables, so that the records are linked to each other based on the ID.
When creating a new record (supplier) in the main table, then I would like this record to be auto-created/displayed in the other tables (or than one can only add data for records that exists in the main table)
My idea is that the main table is for the key supplier information and other tables are for grouping of data.

Like tables for:
Main table
Contact information
Price information
Integration information
logistics information
etc.

What data architecture do you recommend or do you have a better proposal for how to build an internal supplier information database?

2 Replies 2

Hmm, once you create a linked field to the Suppliers table in your other tables you should be good to go actually, and your current idea seems fine

joannsalomon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Remember that Airtable offers a versatile platform that can be highly adaptable to your specific needs. Your database architecture within Airtable is not set in stone; rather, it can evolve and grow over time to meet your changing requirements. In addition to the core functionalities that Airtable provides, you have the flexibility to integrate with various third-party solutions, including b2b data enrichment tools.

As you delve deeper into using Airtable, you may find that it becomes a central hub for your data management needs. B2B data enrichment tools play a crucial role in enhancing the quality and completeness of your business data. By seamlessly integrating these tools with your Airtable database, you can ensure that your records are not only up-to-date but also enriched with valuable insights.