cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarah_Viljoen
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there 🙂

I have a base for keeping track of inventory for a warehouse. I'm using barcodes. I have a home table that gives an overview and stock count. There's also a table that logs every movement (in and out of items). I add a movement to the log by linking to the home table stock item that's identified by its barcode. On my phone, I can search for the item I need to link to by using my camera to scan it's actual barcode but this isn't possible with all devices. All I need to know is which tablets are able to do this as well. I'm struggling to figure this out as I need to get a tablet for my warehouse that's able to do what my phone can (without having to purchase an ipad because they're too expensive). Could someone please advise me on more affordable tablets that are able to do this?

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

If you want to stick with barcodes, there are apps you can download that can recognize barcodes.

The 2 most common barcodes in the USA are Code 39 and Code 128, and the 2 most common barcodes in the EU are EAN-13 and EAN-8.

Even better, you can switch to QR Codes, which are recognized by all the built-in cameras of all modern devices.

If you need to automatically generate barcodes & QR Codes for Airtable, you can use Make’s built-in barcode and QR code generator.

You can also use special fonts to generate barcodes (but not QR codes).

You can also generate barcode & QR codes with any other app that supports creating barcodes/QR codes, as long as it has an API to tap into.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

Thanks for the help 😊 I was hoping, however, to keep it simple. If there aren’t other tablets that can get the job done, I’ll look into that but I first want to see what tablets are available. 

As I said above, you can use any tablet you want. Just download a barcode scanning app.