cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heather_Kleinsc
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi!

I’m trying to embed a view onto a Google Site, but (1) when I enter the embed code, nothing happens, and (2) when I enter the URL, I only get a preview of the page, not the actual view (with error “The URL provided does not allow for embedding options”)

Any ideas??

2 Replies 2

It’s been a really long time since I used Google Sites, so perhaps a lot has changed, but from what I remember, they provide an “embed” utility that only asks for a URL - then Google Sites turns the URL you passed into an embedded version fo the site.

If you put the “Embed this view…” html inside that “embed” utility in Google Sites, nothing will happen, because the “embed” utility is expecting a URL, not html.

And if you give the “embed” utility a URL, it has to be a “share” URL:
CleanShot 2020-03-24 at 08.55.17

But this “share” view will not be editable - it is read-only. I’m guessing that’s what you mean by

You cannot embed an editable version of an Airtable base/view into another site – embedded <iframe> components are not equipped to handle the security features of a login-protected web application, and would present a significant security issue.

So, if I understand correctly that you are trying to embed an editable Airtable view into a Google Site, unfortunately the simple answer is, “You can’t”.

Thanks so much for the suggestion, @Jeremy_Oglesby! It turns out to be some interruption caused by one of my extensions - by using Incognito, the embed URL option finally works.