cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moritz_Zimmerma
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey community!

Absolutely love Airtable and its simplistic multi-functionality. I love it so much, in fact, that I would like to make it an integral part of a new function on our website.

This request goes a bit in the direction of allowing “Embedded Form CSS Styling” but is a little simpler. I would just like to be able to give out a very simple airtable view as TEXT ONLY, without the background, colour, option to expand, download csv etc. I don’t mind having the Airtable logo there.

Is there a way to do this, or–frankly–another plugin for WP or any other way to achieve a similar result?

Thanks very much in advance!

6 Replies 6

This extension might solve your dilemma — not sure if it can be embedded within another website, but you can ask them:

Thank you for your response, ScottWorld! However, I am not sure how this would help me. I’m just trying to get a cleaner look when embedding an Airtable, nothing to do with permissions.

That’s what it gives you — a cleaner look. Forget the permissions part.

Moritz_Zimmerma

Again, I appreciate your input! Still, what I’m looking for is really a text-only kind of view, without table borders, background etc.

If exporting your data as a CSV file doesn’t work for your needs, then you would need to scrape the data yourself, either by using the Airtable API, or by using a tool like Integromat or Zapier.

Moritz_Zimmerma

I really appreciate your continuous help, ScottWorld! Maybe I can explain my concrete use-case better.

We would like to build a page with information about European digital policy, displayed in blocks (each topic has its own block). Each block would feature a list of the latest three initiatives of our organisation in that topic. The individual lists displayed in the blocks would all stem from one central document (Airtable) where items are listed as different categories.

As I want pretty much only a list (one field in the Airtable of some text with a hyperlink) and not really a table with several columns, I would love for that to have the same appearance as the RSS feed below it Block screenshot

Doing it via Airtable allows to embed different views, where a view would essentially be a filtered list of the main document that would only show one topic, and from there, the newest three elements would be displayed. (I would make it a RSS feed but I don’t know if it’s possible to make it all one source document instead of one document per topic). Keeping it at one single source document is important for the workflow of my organisation.

I hope I made the request clear; if it was possible to display the airtable as a text-only list instead of this embedded view with backgrounds etc, it would look and feel way more organic than it does now with the embed.