Help

Event schedule view with hour of day + multiple stages?

Topic Labels: Views
1854 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carson_Lee
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I currently create event schedules like the following in Excel, with hour of day going down, stage names going across, and event blocks sized accordingly based on time length.

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 8.59.42 PM

This is a fairly manual process right now to change this schedule each day. I edit each cell with new event details, change size of the block to match the event timeframe via merging cells, and then color code the block according to the stage.

My dream would be to enter in event data e.g. artist name, time frame, and corresponding stage, in an easy-to-fill form / database, and have it auto-create a view similar to the screenshot above.

Is this possible with Airtable? Or any other ways Airtable can make the current process less manual? Thank you.

7 Replies 7

Hi @Carson_Lee,

Welcome to Airtable Community ! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

You can use the Airtable Calendar view to have something similar to that, it will not be the same though. Attached is an example.

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 12.15.49 PM

BR,
Mo

Thanks Mo! This is almost there. Do you know if there’s a way to add column headers up top of the calendar view to reflect the venue name?

Welcome Carson , my pleasure

There is no way to add a header, this is why I said almost similar :slightly_smiling_face:

To elaborate, the color-coding that @Mohamed_Swellam applied is one way to distinguish between venues. Another possibility is to tweak the display name of each calendar entry to preface the event name with the venue name, in addition to the color shift.

It should also be noted that the only reason that Mohamed’s example appears in nice clean columns is because of how the event times happen to overlap. With a different event arrangement, you could have events in the same “column” at different venues, which would make the color coding that much more important.

Carson_Lee

Thank you @Justin_Barrett and @Mohamed_Swellam for your replies.

Matt_Woodham
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Carson (and everyone),

Sorry to resurrect an old thread here… but your original question is precisely, to the letter, exactly what I want to ask the community!

As it’s been two years since this was posted, I’m wondering if there has been any movement on this feature, if there’s a better workaround or if there’s something else new on its way?

I’m new to Airtable and really like its flexibility so far… but a event schedule by stage / venue that automatically populated and formatted would be truly incredible.

Thanks,

Matt.

I can also use a step by step instructions on how to construct this hourly time-blocking schedule. This would be a lovely feature to have.