Help

Re: 'Flagged' posts

1934 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@Katherine_Duh

Any idea why I keep having posts hidden immediately after clicking ‘reply’? Each time I’m referred to a message in my inbox that claims multiple users have flagged the post as violating community guidelines — an impossibility, as the post never appears long enough to be flagged. I’ve gone through the offending posts to see if a typo or two adjacent words (hearkening back to the days when some sites would render ‘an allusion’ as ‘** **lusion’) might somehow be triggering a too-twitchy dirty-word module, but I’ve not been able to find anything. Furthermore, copy-and-pasting the original post a second time usually results in it being posted openly. It wouldn’t be that big a deal, except Discourse makes one wait 10 minutes before it pops up the edit button on hidden posts, which is annoying.

Thanks!

And, having posted this, I just returned to the latest hidden post, now that my 10 minutes was up, only to find it had magically been unhidden…

…until I edited to fix a typo, at which point it was hidden again, with another 10-minute delay before I can edit once more…

10 Replies 10
mzah8
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Thank you for the update! Was about to post as well about a 2-year-old post of mine getting flagged as “Inappropriate”. It seems to be unhidden now.