cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valerie_Goren
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello

I am looking for feedback around how the Google Map integration works with Airtable. My goal is to type an address in Airtable, automatically populate the Google Map block in Airtable, then automatically populate a public Google Map embedded on a website.

Is this functionality possible?

19 Replies 19

Hey @W_Vann_Hall, would you mind sharing any of Zapier Webhooks syntax (redacted of course) for interacting with Google APIs as food for thought? In fact, a community-sourced collection of webhooks and scripts would seem to be a great addition to this community.

For a personal experiment, I recently made an Expense Tracking base and with an associated Receipt Scanner form that uses Zapier to enrich and associate the data. I want to try expanding this experiment this weekend by connecting it directly to the Google Vision API to do an OCR text analysis (vs. having to manually use the Google Vision block) via a Zapier Webhook to automate the text analysis for expenses with an associated receipt. I may also try to connect such with the Google Maps API for kicks.

I too would like to export a MAP BLOCK from Airtable to our web site.

Matt_Heim
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Elias_Gomez_Sainz, Any update on when embedable map blocks are coming?

:man_shrugging: I don’t work at Airtable.

Loren_Vandegrif
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Likewise super needed.

Agreed. There should be an embed function for blocks the way there is for different table views.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We’ve built an extension that allows you to Embed Map of Airtable Records on Your Website

Embed Map of Airtable Records on Your Website

Hi, Can I share map view with my clients via your map app? Thanks

Yes, but you’ll also share all the records in all the tables of that base:

A_P_G
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would it be possible to have the Maps accessible thorugh the mobile app? it would be SO useful:)