Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Traci_Levine
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Everyone,

I need help with a few things:

1. I would like the results of a form not to show up in the main view but as a separate table.
  2. I would like that if something is not checked that it will not appear on a form as an option in dropdown.

If anyone has solutions for this, I would really be grateful.

Thank you,

2 Replies 2
William_Porter
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m not sure what you need in either case.

By “results of a form,” do you mean something like data entered into the base by way of a form? If that’s what you mean, then I don’t know what to make of the second part of your request. First, views and tables are not alternatives to one another. Tables are accessed through views, and a form is one of the types of view (like grid, Kanban, calendar, gallery). So a form is always tied to a table. If the table is called BOOKS and you use a form to enter the name and other info about a book, the data goes into the BOOKS table. It doesn’t have to be displayed in the first view in the list of views for that table. You could filter that view to hide things in some way.

Now if for some reason you want to have two tables, like BooksIn vs BooksOut, well, you could use the form to get data into BooksIn, and then on some regular basis, copy records from that table over into BooksOut.

Make any sense at all? If not, please provide more details.

William

Correct. I need that when a person requests a book it goes into books out and is not listed in books in.

I also need that if a book is out it does is marked as not available in books in.