283 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
auroraafable
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is this possible? I have too many tables!

24 Replies 24
redtable
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Absolutely want the ability to hide tables. All of the "behind-the-scenes" tables I use for lookups, etc. are confusing to my team. This would be a great option.

SerendyPetit
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If I understand correctly, you just want to organise your tables into folders and hide all but the most useful views? Airtable has folders, they are called Sections.
Under the views tab, at the bottom of the Create... tab, you can create a new Section. Example : I created a SETUP section with views and forms I only needed during the setup process. I created an ACTION section for all views I use on a daily basis. You can drag any views from one section to another.
You can then collapse whole sections (by double clicking on the section name) to "hide" them.
Note : you cannot collapse a section if you currently have a view open that lives in that section.

Ben_Edmonds
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed, hiding tables would be extremely useful. 

The existing dropdown that shows full list of tables, could easily mimic the "Hide fields" toolbar control with toggles to show and drag-handles to re-sequence.

Heather_Hale
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

SOLUTION: You CAN HIDE TABLES. 😉

You just go to the right drop down menu on the table tab and click Hide Table 😉 

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 5.27.20 PM.png

Great! 

Solved! 😉 

Now... how do you UNhide that hidden table?!

None of the instructions tell you WHERE or HOW to click UNhide table! 

Ah! I found it/figured it out!! 😉 

In the base, there will be a NEW TABLE TAB 😉 that reveals how many tables are hidden! 😉 

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 5.34.52 PM.png

 Click the drop down arrow (the  icon) and it reveals "Table is hidden from navigation" with a little crossed out eyeball:

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 5.35.50 PM.png

Click on the eyeball icon on the far right 😉 and there ya go! 😉 Presto! Hidden table is back visible/UNhidden again! 

Yay! 

😉