Help

How Do I get a value from same table i.e. reference record with same date + specific other field val

Topic Labels: Base design Data Formulas
374 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kalpsb
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi All,

I have a table for Employee Timesheets 

How Do I get a value from same table i.e. reference a record with same date + specific other field value

i.e. the timesheet table contains multiple records for same day...  I want to get the postcode for the previous job, which is determined by Job Order Number field...  

I'm new to AirTable so please bear with me.

Thanks

Kalpesh

2 Replies 2

Since you are new to Airtable, you might want to take a step back and learn how a database is different from a spreadsheet. (This course is useful.)

You might want to explain why you want to find the record for the previous job and what you plan to do with it. Do you want to automate something? Are you trying to make a calculation? Will grouping / sorting records so that human eyes can find the value you want be enough?

If you are trying to use a formula field, formula fields in Airtable do not have access to field values for other records, only their own record.

Hi Kuovonne

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to take the postcode from the previous job to then calculate distances which the record can then lookup from another table

This is used to calculate travel time (based on Google)

Thanks

Kalpesh