5780 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shereen_Adel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

“In most cases, you shouldn’t need to change the primary field in your table. However, if you need to do so, such as after importing a CSV, we recommend that you first create a new, empty column. Then, click the primary field header cell to select all cells in the column, then use Ctrl+X (Cmd+X on Mac) to cut those cell values. Next, you’ll paste those values (Ctrl+V/Cmd+V) into the empty column. Finally, you can copy and paste cell values from another field into the primary field.”

I recommend you make it easier for us to change the primary field. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

I would like to add to this, that it should be possible to hide the primary field. It is still primary, but why is it mandatory to show it?

Majid_Pour
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Its is really complicated / why it’s like thisssssss :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

Vic_Plummer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm struggling here.

I'm importing a query where I can't change the order of the columns - via Email Data Sync. Upon import, I cannot choose the primary field - even though the data source I'm importing from won't let me re-order the columns without a lot of additional work. I want to use Email Data Sync to lock the tables and not worry about writing code (especially upsert logic).

I would love to see some native functionality to accomplish this.