1947 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eyrebabel
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there an easy way of creating a column (field) in Airtable that includes consecutive dates (ie. each record shows the next date on from the record before)?

The only way I find I can do this is to manually insert each date.

Another way would be to select two of the dates and drag down or up through empty records (a la a spreadsheet). But unlike Apple Numbers you cannot create new records as you drag. Therefore you have to pre-create the empty records. The problem is that the empty records are not adjacent to the most recent date (and I want to add dates after the most recent date). The empty records always appear at the other end of the list of records.

I assume I am missing something basic?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

If you want to pre-create several records with consecutive dates, you can turn off auto-sorting, create the records, and then turn sorting back on.

Airtable is different from a spreadsheet in that row order is very flexible. When auto-sorting is turned off, you can easily drag rows into different orders. You can also create different views with different sort orders.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Hey @eyrebabel

Yeah, you’ll need to create new records using Shift+Enter and hold it down to create them quickly. Then, enter in a few consecutive dates, highlight them, and drag it down so it automatically fills with the next dates in order.

I’m not sure of a better way, except maybe a script. And that’s out of my wheelhouse.

The idea on my head was to use an Autonumber field, and create a Formula field using the DATEADD() functión, adding the Autonumber of days. So every new record is a day after the last one.

Captura de pantalla 2022-01-24 a las 22.48.49

Note: If you delete a record, the autonumber value does not recalculate (see the missing 6).

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

If you want to pre-create several records with consecutive dates, you can turn off auto-sorting, create the records, and then turn sorting back on.

Airtable is different from a spreadsheet in that row order is very flexible. When auto-sorting is turned off, you can easily drag rows into different orders. You can also create different views with different sort orders.

eyrebabel

Thank you for the great suggestions. They make it much easier for me!