Help

How to have multiple URLs in the same field for images hosted on AWS S3?

Topic Labels: Data
2204 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Osman
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am uploading my images to AWS S3 for the product images. Products will have multiple images so how can I get multiple URLs in the same field?

7 Replies 7

Use a linked record field.

If you haven’t used linked record fields before, I explain them in depth in my Airtable training course which you can take for free by signing up for a trial membership with LinkedIn Learning:.

How do you plan on using the URLs? A long text field can include multiple links. Even a regular URL field can technically hold multiple URLs. But multiple URLs in a single field often does not work well for reuse. 

Osman

I'm building a price comparison site on WeWeb so I need the images for the search results page and products page and nothing really more than this.

Meredith_Scrog1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would also suggest using a linked record - one table with your Products and one table with your Product Images. Then it's nice because you can add additional details about the Product Images in the other table (this one is for the e-commerce site, this one is for marketing campaigns, etc). Then you can create a lookup for the URLs and it will show all image URLs that are linked to that Product.

I'll give it a go today. I've also got the variations linked to the product so just need to see how it's all gonna work out.

Good luck! I've done the same with images for products and variants in Shopify. Scott Rose's links above will likely be very helpful if you get stuck on the lookup aspect.

I've got the method to work but the problem I am facing is that WeWeb is not showing the URL as an image when the data value for the image is coming through lookups. I'm not to sure what the problem is though, however?