1239 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bob_aycock
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Brand spanking new to Airtable and I am testing to see if it will fit our needs, (retail sales and rental, ((as in hotel room rentals)).

I am watching videos on Airtable, (thanks for the videos Airtable folks!) and reading the documentation as I can get through it.

Here’s my question. I am working on this from a IPad. IF we can make Airtable fit our needs, (more of us than Airtable), am I reading the documentation correctly that Airtable has very limited functions on a IOS device compared to a laptop/desktop device, (https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/217039867-What-are-the-differences-between-the-deskto...)?

We are 100% IOS and if I am reading things correctly, we would not be able to take advantage of the extra features in the Pro Plan by using IOS only.

8 Replies 8
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi bob_aycock

Yes, you are correct, for the free version, and I believe that the Pro version has similar restrictions with the mobile app, too.

You might want to give Airtable a try and see if it works for your purpose, on the mobile device.

Perhaps someone in the community might have some suggestions.

MK

bob_aycock
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for the confirmation and advice! I sure do like what I am seeing so far while testing Airtable, and at the same time, sure would like to be able to leverage the complete application on IOS. Mobile IS where the people are at now days. :+1:t2:

Guy_de_la_Porte
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I also love Airtable and I am now using blocks extensively. I use an iPad when I am out if office, which is most of the time. If Airtable allowed or had a button to choise Desktop view on a iOS mobile device, this would be fantastic.

@Guy_de_la_Porte

See here:

Thanks for the advice!

It works.

Guy

enrico_caioli
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any new about this topic ?
Extension of the desktop feature to ios is planned ?
thanks

Iyas_AlQasem
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Bob. It is an amazing application, but is severely limited for mobile use. Even simple really useful views like Kanban aren’t (yet? Who knows) available.

I was using it really well, and introduced 30 clients to it in the last couple of months. But now needing to look for alternatives unless there’s news in their roadmap that this is coming. Real shame - you’d have thought it looks designed for the iPad.

Good luck with your journey.

Thanks @Jeremy_Oglesby I tried it out and works for me also. Good temporary solution!