Help

Re: Kanban view without multiple select - what can I do?

1952 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebecca_Marocco
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there! I’m using Airtable for content scheduling and curriculum development, but I’m struggling to create a Kanban view that solves my needs due to the lack of multiple field selection (in the Kanban view). I have seen other threads on this, but I’m not clear what solutions were deployed.

Here’s the context:

• I have a master table called ‘Content Plan’, which is made of a number of tables. One of the tables is called ‘Exercises repertoire’, where I list all the exercises media files we’ve produced, and it contains important informations around the length of the file, the production status, the person who recorded it and so on. This view is currently a grid.
  • Each of these media files can create a content journey/curriculums. So if have the files A, B, C, and D and so on I could create various journey by mixing these files in different orders. So for example I can have Journey 1 = A - D - C in sequence and Journey 2 = D - C - A in sequence or Journey 3 = C- F -G and so on.
  • Now, I need to create a kanban view that allows me to visualise vertically these journeys. However, as you can see, some media files can appear in more than 1 journey. So I’m currently duplicating each media file in the grid view and tagging them with their individual titles journey titles. So for example, in the grid view you will see the media file A with the tag “Journey 1” and then I duplicate the same file and add the tag “Journey 2”. This is unsustainable because one media file can appear in lots of journeys.
  • The last thing to mention is the the reason why a Kanban view helps is because I can see vertically the production status of each journey as well as who is in charge of that journey (picture 1). I tried to create a new table called ‘Content journey’, where I tried to visualise everything horizontally on a grid view (picture 2). Instead of tagging the exercises on the "exercise repertoire’, I created a title for the journeys and then V-Look up the practices with the relevant informations I needed. However, this doesn’t work either because unless I click on the individual exercises that are part of the journeys, I can’t visualise in a glance what needs to be done and who needs to do it.

Does anyone have any recommendations of what I can do? Thanks a lot!

Picture 1 Picture 2

3 Replies 3
Chris_Guthrie
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@Rebecca_Marocco Is there a maximum limit to the amount of exercises that can be linked to a journey?

Chris_Guthrie
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I’m wondering if something like this would work for you @Rebecca_Marocco. Check out my video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Chq2KbRFXM

Hi Chris, thank you so much for your reply! It seems that this could be a good interim solution. I’m gonna try to implement this now and see how it goes. Thanks again!