244 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpr1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is it possible to limit the filter option (tags) in one field based in the results of a filter set on another field?

Example: I've created a view and shared the link. The user comes to my view and wants to filter the results displayed. Assume user wants to filter on two different fields (both of which have 10 values/tags each).

User selects 1 filter out of the 10 options available in Field 1.

User then goes to select a filter from Field 2. Is it possible to have the options available to select in Field 2 limited to just those that remain associated with the results of the Field 1 filter rather than showing all 10 of the Field 2 options. Let's say only 3 of the 10 Field 2 options are associated with the items in the result of the first filter. Can the filter selection view simply show those 3 or does it have to show all 10 even though 7 of them would result in an empty result set? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@jpr1 

That functionality is coming very soon to Airtable — within the next few weeks. In the meantime, you can get that functionality from Fillout's Advanced Forms for Airtable and Noloco's advanced interfaces for Airtable

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Nope, that functionality doesn't exist at this point I'm afraid

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@jpr1 

That functionality is coming very soon to Airtable — within the next few weeks. In the meantime, you can get that functionality from Fillout's Advanced Forms for Airtable and Noloco's advanced interfaces for Airtable