Help

Re: Linking to online images + showing the picture

1003 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I tried to find earlier postings, and I think I did find one, but oddly enough, nobody responded.
So, let’s try again.

Instead of attaching images to records I would like to add the link to online photo’s. I know I can add a link to a photo (URL), but it won’t show the picture, just the URL!

Is this possible in Airtable?

7 Replies 7

This isn’t possible in Airtable, and I don’t think it’s something they would add based on their business model. It would constitute a workaround of attachment storage limits that still required Airtable’s servers to bear the brunt of the load in showing you the images you wish to link to, without attaching - their servers would still have to pull and resolve the data making up the image to display it in your table.

Is there a particular reason you’d want to do this, other than avoiding data limits?

No, it’s just data limit.
Adding photo’s to records means the database gets unnecessary big.

For example, when you add photo’s (600x600) to music albums, it will take 100k per picture average. A thousand records means 100Mb.
I would like to avoid that.

Lydia_Woudenber
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hallo Andre, dat kan door rechtermuis knop op de afbeelding klikken en dan “Adres van afbeelding kopiëren” te kiezen. Die vul je dan in bij attachement -> url. Dan zie je de foto wel. Kijk maar eens op www.ishetcg.nl, alle foto’s daar zijn er zo bij geplaatst.

Hi Lydia, Ik weet niet zeker of ik exact begrijp wat je schrijft. Als ik een veld aanmaak dan kies ik voor het type veld. Dat kan zijn Attachment of URL.
Kies ik voor Attachment, dan kan ik daar geen link plakken, alleen files uploaden.
Kies ik voor URL, dan kan ik de link plakken, maar dan zie ik geen plaatje, alleen de link.

Is er iets wat jij anders hebt gedaan? Op je website lijk je gekozen te hebben voor Attachments. Ik ben benieuwd.

Groetjes,
André

Lydia_Woudenber
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Even met beeld:
2020-05-19_16-25-31
2020-05-19_16-23-06
2020-05-19_16-28-24

Ik weet niet of het zo te zien is, maar op deze manier voeg ik de afbeeldingen toe. Dus niet als foto met veel mb, maar als link die verwijst naar foto ergens op het net. En die foto wordt opgehaald en getoond.

Thank you, thank you!!
Opvallend dat dit gemist in mijn vorige post. Ik denk dat er veel meer zijn die dit niet weten. Zo simpel. En het maakt de database veeeeel minder zwaar.

Groetjes,
André

Ik denk dat je je vergist, als ik de dokumentatie goed gelezen heb plaatst hij de afbeelding WEL in de database. Niet alleen de link.