772 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yiddy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would like to create an extension that will generate mock data using the faker.js library.

I would want it to ask me which table I want to generate the data & how many rows (maximum 50 due to the limitation in Airtable).

It should also exclude the autonumber field it any formula field.

I would like got it to ask me which days type to generate for each field if possible.

I created an extension & tried running it locally but I don't know much js & could not actually get it to do anything.

2 Replies 2

Welcome to the Airtable community! It sounds like you have an interesting project that you want to make, but you are also at a roadblock. 

What is your coding background? You say you don't know much js. How much do you know? Do you know React? Are you comfortable writing Airtable scripts to create records full of data? If you are new to writing code, this project may be too much to take on at first. You may need to break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. Best of luck!

yiddy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Right, I know some basics about JavaScript but not much really. I don't know anything about react. It is definitely a lot & I haven't done anything like it but I'll take it 1 step at a time & in my free time see if I can figure it out. I'll leave this open in case anyone here wants to jump in with some ideas.