Help

Re: New pricing takes away multi-source syncing???

3130 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Hoek
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

So, according to the FAQ about the new pricing, multi-source syncing is no longer included in the Pro Plan (now "Teams").... am I reading that correctly?  Does that screw over anyone else or am I alone in being frustrated about this?

19 Replies 19

I would say you're reading that correctly.

https://support.airtable.com/docs/multi-source-syncing

To be honest, I don't think this impacts me or any current client, but I can't help but wonder about other features being stripped away.  I just had a promising client upgrade to Pro, and submit their budget based on that, so a bit of a heads up from Airtable might have been helpful.  $540/user wouldn't have been a problem, but starting at $240/user then immediately going to $540 makes me look like a fool or a liar.

Scott_Hoek
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Also from the FAQ: "Sync integrations and extensions: these will be disabled if they are no longer available on your current plan, but they can be turned back on without any reconfiguration needed if you upgrade."

In other words, we have less than one month to either rework our entire base structure and workflow or double our costs, or **bleep**s just gonna stop working.  Very nice, Airtable, very cool!  

Tangentially related, what's everyone's favorite alternative?  If I'm going to have to rework my entire data structure anyway, nows as good a time as any to jump ship 🤷🏻‍

J_Jones
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The short timeline coupled with the downgrade in features does seem pretty underhanded...

Ksenia_Eckly
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Absolutely screwed too... Price x2 il less than a month !
Did Elon Musk buy Airtable too ?.. Anyway, I no longer consider Airtable as a reliable partner... What a pity.

Russell_Bishop1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Really gutting the Pro plan. I am forced to use multi-source sync to workaround Airtable's incredibly basic charts, among other things.

No idea how this conversation will go with clients for the rest of the week.

Scott_H

Airtable does not care about small users. Cutting the storage in half as well? It's time to move on.

Let us know where you end up going!  I'm genuinely not sure what to do over here haha

cbell6889

Completely screwed us too. And three weeks to get ready. What a joke. Looking for alternative software for sure.

On the $20 plan, there are the 4 downgrades that customers should pay attention to:
  1. Automation runs have been cut in half to 25,000 automation runs.
  2. API calls have been reduced from unlimited to 100,000.
  3. Attachment space has been cut in half from 20 GB to 10 GB.
  4. Multi-source syncing has been eliminated.