Did you mean: 
tkhk_m
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I would like to use autofill.

I am following this tutorial video.

(originally post in this URL)

time 4:23, pop up window shows “PERFORM PASTE”,
Unfortunately, in my case, there are no pop up massage.

How can I use this autofill command?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There is no autofill command. What this user did was create a list on the side (out of view, probably in a text editor) that he used to fill that {1-to-Many} field. That list probably looked like this:

2, 1
3, 2, 1
4, 3, 2, 1
...etc

Copying and pasting that into a link field would create links to records matching those names between the commas. Unfortunately there isn’t a way to do this natively in Airtable, outside of writing a script in a Scripting app to create the links.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

There is no autofill command. What this user did was create a list on the side (out of view, probably in a text editor) that he used to fill that {1-to-Many} field. That list probably looked like this:

2, 1
3, 2, 1
4, 3, 2, 1
...etc

Copying and pasting that into a link field would create links to records matching those names between the commas. Unfortunately there isn’t a way to do this natively in Airtable, outside of writing a script in a Scripting app to create the links.

Thank you for your advise!!
I could paste from outside of airtable using text editor.

Glad to know that you got the answer you were seeking! If you would, please mark my comment (the one above, not this one) as the solution to your question. This helps others who may be searching with similar questions. Thanks!