cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rupert_Hoffschm
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Maybe someone knows what to do…

We use Airtable for order management and are filling in new orders with a form. If a new row is created by form, prefilling cells doesn’t seem to work (we have a column for the approriate amount of VAT which is used to calculate the right invoice amount). The cell is correctly prefilled IF we create new rows straight in Airtable without using the form.

This seems to a bug, right? Or does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Hi @Rupert_Hoffschmidt1

I think you might be using the prefill option wrong. Could you explain a bit more how you do it? Do you send the URL with prefill formula to your customers? Because you always need a formula field with the URL of your form + a prefill formula. If you send the general form link, the form can’t know what to prefill.

Do you see the fields prefilled when you test the form?

Are you prefilling fields in a form using URL parameters?

Or does the field have a default value defined? I believe that forms not using default values is a known issue.

Rupert_Hoffschm
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for your replies! I’m not sure whether I understand what you mean.

I’ll try to explain again: In my base I’m creating new rows with a form (basically every time a new order comes in). The form is just used internally for that purpose. This base has a lot of columns, but in one of the columns I have a numbers field with two options: 16 and 19. When a new row is created, I’m prefilling that field with 19. This works IF I create the row inside of Airtable (without using a form).

It doesn’t work if I create a new entry / row by form.

Please see a screenshot of the numbers field here where I have put in “19” as a prefill for new cells.

Screenshot 2021-01-08 at 17.02.20

Thanks for your help!

Aaaah, ok :slightly_smiling_face:

What @kuovonne said then? :man_shrugging:

Rupert_Hoffschm
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Then I guess it is a bug in Airtable that cells don’t get automically prefilled if the row is created by a form. I’ll contact Airtable directly about it.

This issue still appears to be present? No updates since 2021. Any timeline on a fix?

To confirm the issue. When submitting new records via a form, default values are ignored.