Help

Re: Restore from Snapshot—URLs, sharing, forms etc.

Solved
Jump to Solution
672 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Ayer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

So I know how to create and restore from a Snapshot.

As I understand it, I can rename the restored snapshot with the name of the old (corrupted, that's why I'm restoring) Base, and go on my way.

But wait! All the links, forms, and sharing relate to the old base (of course)! So I have to reshare the new Base with all those folks, update links to the Base anywhere they exist, and give people with links to the old Forms, Views, etc, new links. What a pain!

Am I missing something? Is there a better way?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Nope. You're not missing anything.

In what way was your original base corrupted?

Sometimes people look at the snapshot to see what is different, and then try to fix the original base. Sometimes that means copy/pasting data or exporting/importing data. Sometimes that means re-creating fields or reworking formulas.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Nope. You're not missing anything.

In what way was your original base corrupted?

Sometimes people look at the snapshot to see what is different, and then try to fix the original base. Sometimes that means copy/pasting data or exporting/importing data. Sometimes that means re-creating fields or reworking formulas.

Thanks, I guess I'll be more mindful of that.

How corrupted? I did a complicated import that involved multiple matches to different tables, realized I'd made a mess, saw it as too complicated to walk back, and just went for the refresh.