686 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wooti
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

As far as I'm aware, we're not able to set the Primary Field as the User type. 

Has this feature been discussed/is this a feature that is likely to be added in the future?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You are correct that some field types are not available in the primary field. This is unlikely to change. One work around is to set a different field to the User, and then use a formula field in the primary field that shows the User field. The styling isn't as pretty, but it does work. Then in linked tables, you can use a lookup field to show the pretty user field.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You are correct that some field types are not available in the primary field. This is unlikely to change. One work around is to set a different field to the User, and then use a formula field in the primary field that shows the User field. The styling isn't as pretty, but it does work. Then in linked tables, you can use a lookup field to show the pretty user field.

wooti
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Oh that's unfortunate, but thanks for your reply. 

Maybe I'm going about this in the wrong way. What do you think?

• I'm using the primary field to store employee names.
  • In my other tables, employees can choose their name from a linked record field.
  • I'm exploring Interfaces for each staff member and noticed that I could create far fewer Interfaces if I can use the 'Current User' option, but this is only available on User or Email fields, and since the employee name is a linked record field, I cannot use 'Current User'.