cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
R_Felciano_QIAG
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello all –

Is there a way to use the Timeline view to see a calendar at a higher level, e.g. by week or month? I’m trying to visualize things that are at the week, month or quarter level (annual marketing plan), so am looking for something that can “zoom out” to see e.g. a whole year split by quarter or month.

Thanks,

Ramon

4 Replies 4

The timeline view can be zoomed out to see a large period of time. I’m not at my desk right now, but I can recall seeing at least a 2month period in the timeline view when using the block in full-screen mode… I haven’t tested zooming out further than that to my knowledge, so I can’t speak to the limits.

I will warn you, though, that the timeline view can be a little frustrating - I’m not sure exactly how to describe what makes it frustrating except to say that it feels both “slippery” and “jumpy” at the same time… if that makes any sense.

I’m actually looking for something that abstracts out to the right level. So for example if you zoom out to month or quarter level, all the events span that whole month/quarter (vs the exact day within that month/quarter).

Something like this: image.png

If you use a “Start” and “End” date, and have those dates span the period you you want within a month/quarter/year, it will appear as a long block in the timeline spanning that period of time (from start to end). It won’t be abstracted the way you have on your spreadsheet there (because the timeline block is not a spreadsheet), but it will have a similar effect. And you could color your records by Campaign type so that they show up distinctly in the timeline.

But you’re not going to be able to get exactly what you have in your spreadsheet in a timeline block.

Julian_Gonzalez
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

As much as we are liking Airtable, this seems like one of the biggest challenges when it comes to planning out future months & quarters… it should be easy enough to set a view to a specific timeframe that gives you more than a 1-month (or less view).