843 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick-Kennedy
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

The Vega-Lite app never gets past “Loading…” - no JSON.

Any idea how to get this app operational?

vega-lite-loading

per the readme, I suppose I can try creating a new app with the SDK per the Vega-Lite github readme, but this seem rather obtuse :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Anyone know what’s wrong with the app, how to resolve or troubleshoot? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Joseph_O_Toole & @Kasra,

The problem appears to be browser related. Testing Vega-Lite in my production base, settings do not load in the Safari browser, but the settings load when using the Chrome browser.

Testing Vega-Lite in a new base which only has one table with 4 colmns and ~1000 records.

Safari:
safari-vs-vega-lite.png

Chrome:
chrome-vs-vega-lite

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Joseph_O_Toole
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Bumping because me too!

@Kasra as you made the post announcing the release: is this something you guys are aware of?

Patrick-Kennedy
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

@Joseph_O_Toole from a FB group, I’m told it just doesn’t work well with bases that are large/complex :man_shrugging:t3:

@Joseph_O_Toole & @Kasra,

The problem appears to be browser related. Testing Vega-Lite in my production base, settings do not load in the Safari browser, but the settings load when using the Chrome browser.

Testing Vega-Lite in a new base which only has one table with 4 colmns and ~1000 records.

Safari:
safari-vs-vega-lite.png

Chrome:
chrome-vs-vega-lite

My base is also large and complex and I was also using Safari - but switching to Chrome does it for me too! Thanks for letting me know, really appreciate it. :relaxed: