1195 1
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
jasonsamuels
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I recently built new features into my project tracking base using Timeline view and WORKDAY calculation. In both cases the ability to include holiday dates is very useful. However I quickly found two cumbersome things about using this:

1. I need to configure the list of dates separately in each place I use them, and since this quickly got employed in a few timeline views and a couple workday calculations there are now over a half dozen places where I need to make a change when adding a new holiday date.
  2. I am using two separate lists of holiday dates - sometimes I only put in standard US holidays for client facing views, whereas in other places I also include my own planned days off for internal capacity planning.

What would really help would be a feature where I could define lists of dates, then use the list references in my timeline views and workday calcs.

Thanks for considering it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As a workaround, I have a table where each record represents a set of holiday dates and just use linked and lookup fields to pull it over to whichever table needs it, and then get WORKDAY to reference that

Not the prettiest solution but eh

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As a workaround, I have a table where each record represents a set of holiday dates and just use linked and lookup fields to pull it over to whichever table needs it, and then get WORKDAY to reference that

Not the prettiest solution but eh

I just tried that for my workday formulas, but couldn't get it to work. The Time Off table is a nice enhancement on its own though just as a place to keep those standard lists.

With a lookup field referenced in the formula:

jasonsamuels_0-1676176158724.png

jasonsamuels_1-1676176167150.png

Back to using the text string in the formula:

jasonsamuels_2-1676176185331.png

jasonsamuels_3-1676176198116.png

Am not sure what I'm missing here. Tried putting both single and double quotes around the dates string, but that didn't help.

Nevermind, just saw I was missing the workaround detailed in this post

{Lookup Field}&""