3336 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Hoek
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

"If you're on our previously most expensive Pro Plan, we're taking away business-critical features and you have less than one month to rework your entire base structure to fit new limits, pay us twice as much, or f*ck off" – Airtable, basically

Have fun talking to your clients this week!

Edit: Since this post is being kudo'd and people coming to the forum about this might see it first,  I wanted to put @ScottWorld's summary of the 4 big downgrades to the $20 plan at the top:

1. Automation runs have been cut in half to 25,000 automation runs.
  2. API calls have been reduced from unlimited to 100,000.
  3. Attachment space has been cut in half from 20 GB to 10 GB.
  4. Multi-source syncing has been eliminated.

As previously stated, we all have less than a month to rework our databases to fit into the new limits, or pay Airtable twice as much.  Support thus far doesn't seem willing to budge or offer any help.  Question for people on the $20 plan: How are these downgrades going to impact your business or clients?

23 Replies 23

"Love the product, hate company" has been around for years. This is just the x time they 🤮 on their customers and I have had it. 

Scott_Hoek
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Heard back from support again today.  More of the "we made these changes based on feedback" (though I don't recall being asked 🤔) but that they are confident that "with the feature set currently available," we can "find flexibility" in reorganizing our workflows.  They also provided a (not very good) "workaround solution that fall within the capabilities of your current plan" –– I think they misspoke, though, clearly they don't mean my current plan.  I have no problem with the current plan!  It's the plant they're sticking us on that's the issue.  

Alright, fellow Airtable Community.  Like many of you, I have not only used Airtable for 5+ years, ive evangelized for it.  We've gotten several of our clients on the platform, and even other business owners who have liked how organized we are — I can think of five teams on Airtable now because we pushed them to use it.  Like you all, I love this platform because it is genuinely the best option, but now I feel like they're pulling the rug out from under us.  This is just an unbelievably shtty way to treat loyal customers, and they need to do better.  Something, anything to help us out.  

Here are some ideas for how Airtable could handle this better:

• Let pro users keep the pro plan through the end of their annual billing cycle, or better yet, give a full 1-year window to adjust
  • Give Pro users who use features they are deleting a free upgrade to Business the same way they gave plus users a free upgrade to Pro
  • Give Pro users the same discount that formerly Plus users get because of the reduced value
  • Give Pro users some discount – even a little one – on an upgrade to Business as a gesture of good faith that they don't actively fking hate us

Rita_Spanu
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm very confused.  The $20 is the Team Plan, and the info I am currently looking at shows the Team Plan has 50,000 Automation Runs per month, which is what Pro currently has.  Same with API calls per month, its showing 100,000 which is was Pro currently has.  Attachment space also shows 20GB on Team Plan, still on par with Pro.  And last item is multi-source syncing which Pro doesnt have.

https://airtable.com/wsph4q0EunTqXSb0G/workspace/plans?ref=bp.sftwsu#featureGrid

Am I missing information or looking at incorrect information?

sidenote: I am seeing the email with the information you've listed and the email was dated August 23rd.  I'm viewing the link I posted as of today, August 30th.  Have they made some adjustments?

You're looking at the your current workspace which is still on Pro.  Once you get switched to teams, you will only get 25,000 runs and 10GB attachment space.  The new plans are here.

You're wrong about pro not having multi-source sync.  I'm currently on the pro plan and we are using multi-source sync in several places.

Rita_Spanu

what an absolute dumpster fire this is.  their info was intentionally misleading and i'm getting tired of Airtable intentionally being vague with information just to get users to upgrade.  what happens when i hit 25,000 automation runs? does the system just stop working?

patmartinson

This is a bit late, and a bit of a tangent, but I'm also concerned about only allowing 1 "sync source" per Base on Team (link) :

patmartinson_0-1694115612963.png

The best interpretation I've come up with is that each base can only sync in info from 1 source (whether it's another table, gCal, or 1 of the other sync integrations). The fact that you're allowed to have 10 synced Tables, but only 1 sync source is one of the reasons I'm questioning my own interpretation.

@Scott_Hoek@ScottWorld or any others have thoughts on this? If it's truly only 1 table or external source per Base, this will require almost as much rework as the API limitations. 

Edit: this thread from June suggests that Enterprise used to allow >100, and then a max of 100 "outgoing syncs" (ie 100 synced views across all tables in the Base), which might be indicating the same thing (in electronics they often talk about 'sources' and 'sinks' on current, so the terminology kinda-sorta makes sense). But the fact that they're cut that in half (or more) across ALL plans is still pretty unbelievable.

Yes, it does. Have had this happen in their current pricing model.

In defense of Airtable (I know, I know) 25,000 is a lot of automation runs.  At first it may not seem like it compared to Make with 40,000 included actions per month, but in practice, one make automation is probably 5-10+ actions minimum, where as one Airtable automation run is just... one Airtable automation run.  

We have a LOT of automations across our many MANY bases and I've never come close to even 10,000 automation runs in a month – except one time where we had two automations that kept triggering each other and we ate through the previously allowed 50,000 runs in about a day.  But we emailed support and they kindly reset the counter for us.  

I think with a little planning most people can work with the 25,000.  If you need more, I'd look into one of the other platforms.  I don't disagree that they should honor the old limits for existing users, but just trying to accept reality I think that's where we are. 

Scott_Hoek
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I think that "Sync Sources" is referring to only external sync sources, and not other Airtable tables.  I could be wrong, but the alternative would seem...silly.

The other day, the gentleman who writes Airtable's documentation commented on a post somewhere – I don't remember his name, but perhaps if he's perusing the forum he can clarify?