Help

Re: Scripting block - setup blank cells

988 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The inspiration for this script was the many posts that I saw where people wanted to setup default values when they create new records. In that way, it is similar to one of the scripts that has already been shared.

However, I believe that there is no one right way of doing things, and I had ideas for a different workflow. This script fills in blank cells in a table based on a template record. It also requires no configuration of the script, and no changes to the existing table/field definitions.

This script has the ability to make bulk updates to a lot of records very quickly, and it has several quirks and limitations. I only received access to the Scripting block when it was made public on Friday, so I didn’t have much time to get up to speed. I have many improvements in the works, but they will all take time to implement, and I need to sleep.

Here is the base on the Airtable universe.

Here is the gist.
Here is a link to the walkthrough.

6 Replies 6

Nice tool! I think a lot of users will like this.

Thanks! I hope so. That’s why I wrote it.

RoW
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there! It would be great to be able to use this script for one record at time or further for only some fields at time. As use case I imagine pushing the upcoming button field to update the fields only of the record where we push it. Would it be possible to do this?

Yep. Entirely possible.

There are many possibilities with a button field that can run a script. Custom blocks also has many possibilities. I am working on several projects and am thinking through different workflows and different features before deciding which workflow to implement. Lots to code, lots to learn, lots of fun!

RoW

It would be great to have something like this! Thank you!