It would be really cool if we could copy and paste the actual fields themselves (not the data) between tables.
For example, if I have 5 fields that are:
- single-select field
- multi-select field
- checkbox field
- number field
- formula field based on the fields above
I would love to copy all 5 of those fields and then paste them into another table. (No copying of data is necessary.)
And then, upon pasting those 5 fields into another table, I would end up with:
- A single-select field with the exact same options & colors that were in the other table.
- A multi-select field with the exact same options & colors that were in the other table.
- A checkbox field that is formatted the same way as the other table.
- A number field that is formatted the same way as the other table.
- The same formula, but referencing the fields in this new table.
This is something that comes up a lot when it comes time to “cleaning up” my client’s Airtable systems. I am often eliminating a lot of unnecessary tables and consolidating tables together. But I have to recreate each field from scratch, and recreate all the formatting/coloring options from scratch.
It’s not too difficult to recreate the select-field options (since we can convert a text field into a select-field), but it would be awesome if we could just copy & paste everything in one fell swoop.