Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Lookup in Forms Based on Data other than Primary Field

Topic Labels: Data
Solved
Jump to Solution
841 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Travis_Groom1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello AirTable Community,

Here's a fun one that I hope I can pick some brains on.  We have a Workday integration that creates an employee directory that feeds quite a few bases. With the Workday integration, we have to use a unique identifier - that being employee ID. 

However, employee IDs are not regularly used in our company so many do not know theirs. When filling out a form, they would typically use the employee name, which is not the primary field in the Workday integration (because of the unique identifier requirement.)

Is there any way, via automation or some other method, to have the linking record be the employee name instead of the employee ID? If not, has anyone made a successful automation that would switch these columns after each sync with the Workday database? 

This has become quite a big blocker for us, so hoping someone has an idea of how this might be accomplished.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Travis_Groom1 , When you create a sync you can change your primary field from the advanced section.  Then you can use either name or email as a primary field.  (See Sample)

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 4.49.06 PM.png

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Travis_Groom1 , When you create a sync you can change your primary field from the advanced section.  Then you can use either name or email as a primary field.  (See Sample)

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 4.49.06 PM.png

Holy crap Dan - why can't I give you 12,000 Kudos.  This is something enterprise support hasn't been able to answer, and even asked someone in person and no solution. 

Thank you for saving me more nights of frustration and tears.