Help
Formulas
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Help with formulas

Hi, I am having trouble writing a formula for the following. I would be most grateful for help! I have a calendar field for Due Date. I’d like to make a field that says “overdue” when the Due Date has passed, “today” when the Due Date is today, “comi...

Leah_Paulos by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Company Name in Author Field

I have a book database and I am splitting the Author name into Author First and Author Last columns. The problem I run into is certain books are authored by a company. I don’t want to split the company name up. Is there a way to identify an company n...

Jacob_Lee by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

How to Convert number to date with Forumla

I have lots of dates that are setup as numbers in my excel sheet that I am bringing into airtable. I need to change the formatting of the dates while leaving them as numbers in the original column. Example. 20170112 YYYYDDMM I need it converted to 12...

Jacob_Lee by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Changing from Date to DateTime Formula

I have an employee time log database where each employee signs in with a timestamp date field (they can adjust it if they need to). Then they log out, and an additional field calculates their hours: DATETIME_DIFF({Time out}, {Time in}, ‘minutes’)/60 ...

Gordon_Peery by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Newbee Formula question

Can multiple formulas be assigned to a field. I have a filed that determines the days between Estimated completion and Date started, Wanted to have the Field change color if late, if not late, or have a label stating “No assigned Date” if no dates we...

Pull next upcoming date from a roll up of dates

Hello, I have a table of courses linked to a table of course runs. The course run table has many records connected to one course. The course runs table has multiple course run dates linked to a single course. I would like to calculate the next upcomi...

Formula - Change formula in individual cell

I’m wondering if there is (or could be) a way to change a formula for a particular cell or row? For example: I use airtable to track gigs for artists I represent. Typically, we take x% for every gig. In certain special cases, we may take y%. Is there...