Help
Formulas
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Newbee Formula question

Can multiple formulas be assigned to a field. I have a filed that determines the days between Estimated completion and Date started, Wanted to have the Field change color if late, if not late, or have a label stating “No assigned Date” if no dates we...

Pull next upcoming date from a roll up of dates

Hello, I have a table of courses linked to a table of course runs. The course run table has many records connected to one course. The course runs table has multiple course run dates linked to a single course. I would like to calculate the next upcomi...

Formula - Change formula in individual cell

I’m wondering if there is (or could be) a way to change a formula for a particular cell or row? For example: I use airtable to track gigs for artists I represent. Typically, we take x% for every gig. In certain special cases, we may take y%. Is there...

Is there a way to access the names of columns?

Is there a programmatic way to count columns? I am aware that COUNTA() exists, but I have to manually input the column names into the formula. Is there a way I can access the names of the columns and count the ones that contain the word “Siege” for e...

Multiple if's for date calculation

I’m trying to calculate dates based on two values. I have a formula that works for this: IF({Renewal type} = "Annual", DATETIME_FORMAT(DATEADD({Last register date}, 90, 'days'), "MM/DD/YYYY")) If I try to add another IF statement then it fails: IF({...

Resolved! Number operations in text

Airtable doesn’t seem especially forgiving of formulas doing numerical operations when the original cell contained text. For example, I have a cell describing engine sizes of cars. They’re pasted in like the following: “1498cc”. I’d like to show the ...

Matt_Sayward by 8 - Airtable Astronomer
Solved
  • 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

Evaluate values from a pure text formulas

Hi, When there is a field with a pure text value “1 + 1”, I would like to dynamically calculate it and put the result in to the other field. For example: | 1 + 1 | 2 | | 2 * 3 | 6 | Thank you.