Help
Formulas
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Discrepancy in implicit conversion to string

I’m not sure this is actually a bug, as it looks more like intended behavior. However, it is inconsistent and undocumented, and it has cost at least one user some money.[1] I’m documenting it here so that, bug or not, there is at least a trail of bre...

0d41b7239ab01c5f5e8f76a7f7d714f76ba86a36.png

Transform integer minutes into hh:mm

Hello! Please help. I would like to transform (through “Formula”) integer minutes number into hh:mm. Can you help me build “Formula”, please? I still can not build it. Example: 297 min = 4 hr 57 min = 04:57 I tried different combinations, but in vain...

What language is a formula?

I am new to working with formulas in spreadsheets and I’m just curious if they are the same as the ones used in Excel or are these specific to Airtable. See: Airtable - Support Formula field reference For an overview of ...

DanAT by 4 - Data Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Treat results in a IF formula as numbers instead of text

Hi. I have an IF formula that should result in a number (except for one particular case). I need the result to be treated as a number and not text, so I can count the values, etc. I’ve set the results as a number with no “”, and tried formatting as a...

Andres_Gomez by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Formula for averaging letter ratings/grades

Hello, I am trying to create an average based off of letter ratings. For example, I have a table of individual’s projects which has a column with a grade or rating for that specific project. It can be A, B or C. In a linked table for the individuals,...

Help with formulas

Hi, I am having trouble writing a formula for the following. I would be most grateful for help! I have a calendar field for Due Date. I’d like to make a field that says “overdue” when the Due Date has passed, “today” when the Due Date is today, “comi...

Leah_Paulos by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Company Name in Author Field

I have a book database and I am splitting the Author name into Author First and Author Last columns. The problem I run into is certain books are authored by a company. I don’t want to split the company name up. Is there a way to identify an company n...

Jacob_Lee by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

How to Convert number to date with Forumla

I have lots of dates that are setup as numbers in my excel sheet that I am bringing into airtable. I need to change the formatting of the dates while leaving them as numbers in the original column. Example. 20170112 YYYYDDMM I need it converted to 12...

Jacob_Lee by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Changing from Date to DateTime Formula

I have an employee time log database where each employee signs in with a timestamp date field (they can adjust it if they need to). Then they log out, and an additional field calculates their hours: DATETIME_DIFF({Time out}, {Time in}, ‘minutes’)/60 ...

Gordon_Peery by 5 - Automation Enthusiast
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos