cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VeniceArts
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi 

For some reason when I try to fill-out a form, when I scan a barcode, the form does not recognize it.  I scan a barcode that reads LE100 and it will just give me the first item that's embedded in the form. And this does not happen when I use the form in the edit view nor does it happen on any other base or view. Only on the actual form does it not work correctly. The scanner works, I tried filling out the form on different computers, I refreshed the form or exit it out and open another one. We have been using the scanner for almost a year now and it worked so I have no idea why all of a sudden it's not working now. I have no idea what could possible be wrong and would like help. 

2 Replies 2

I would try it with Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable, and see if it works there.

I’ve even given some advanced barcode scanning tips in this thread: https://community.airtable.com/t5/automations/automation-to-update-a-field-based-on-a-barcode-scanne...

Fillout offers dozens of features that Airtable’s native forms don’t offer, including the ability to update Airtable records from a form, the ability to display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, creating linked records on a form, creating multi-page forms, and much more. So you could even display the record information that you’re scanning right on the form.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

Tyler_Campbell
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is sad that Airtable no longer supports this functionality in their forms. It used to be out of the box functionality in forms. My team has been using it since 2019 and just now realized it stopped working in the field when someone mentioned that they have been having to manually enter in barcode numbers. They have historically been bad at saying "just use X third party app to do this" for scenarios but taking an existing function away and suggesting to move to an additional app is a terrible customer experience.