Help

Salesforce <=> Airtable Integration via Synced Table: Can one edit records in Airtable to change SF?

Topic Labels: Base design Integrations Sync
Solved
Jump to Solution
985 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eugene_Chan
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Good Airtablers:

We upgraded to Enterprise in part for the Salesforce and Jira integration, but it seems that all synced bases are read-only. 

Is there a setting that can enable changes in Airtable to be upserted into Salesforce?

I feel like this feature was there when our AE demo-ed it to us.

Can anyone from Airtable show me how to edit from Airtable into Salesforce? And what the current limitations are.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, you can not update Salesforce records directly from Airtable's Salesforce sync tables.

You would need to create your own custom automations to update records in Salesforce.

You could use Airtable's native Salesforce automation actions, although those are relatively limited.

For much more power & customizability & flexibility, I would highly recommend using a combination of Make's Safesforce automations and Make's Airtable automations.

The only downside to this approach is that there is a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

(Same thing with Jira. You can use Airtable's Jira Cloud automation actions or you can use the more powerful JIra Cloud integrations offered by Make.)

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, you can not update Salesforce records directly from Airtable's Salesforce sync tables.

You would need to create your own custom automations to update records in Salesforce.

You could use Airtable's native Salesforce automation actions, although those are relatively limited.

For much more power & customizability & flexibility, I would highly recommend using a combination of Make's Safesforce automations and Make's Airtable automations.

The only downside to this approach is that there is a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

(Same thing with Jira. You can use Airtable's Jira Cloud automation actions or you can use the more powerful JIra Cloud integrations offered by Make.)

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Eugene_Chan

Thank you for the quick reply @ScottWorld

This is disappointing.

Do you or anyone from Airtable know if edit functionaility is on the roadmap?

They don't share their roadmaps with us, but I highly doubt that it would be coming. Creating 2-way syncing with external apps is extremely challenging.

Okay, I understand software development enough to know this to be true.

And yet being able to layer Airtable UI on top of manipulating Salesforce data would be such a win!

Thanks @ScottWorld! I appreciate you.

David6
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! I have developed an extension (Salesforce Connector ) that allows you to create, update, and delete data in Salesforce using information from Airtable. Additionally, it can synchronize reports and data from Salesforce. If you're interested, you can try it out to see if it meets your needs.